01. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before? This one's not for public consumption. A bare few people know about it, and that's the way it stays.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I generally don't bother much with NY's resolutions, you don't stick to them or they're unrealistic. I think the ones for 2004 will be of the "eat healthier, exercise more" variety, standard NY resolution fare I guess.
03. Did someone close to you give birth? My cousin's wife had a baby boy Corné earlier this year. (Dutch name, and no, it's not pronounced 'corny')
04. Did anyone close to you die? No.
05. What countries did you visit? North Carolina... well, it's a world away from NYC, lemme tell ya ;)
06. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003? More self-confidence.
07. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Early August (I'd have to dig through email for the specific date) but it spans a week or so. Memorable because it's the week in which I told my mother not to contact me until she sobered up for good.
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I don't really think I achieved anything, to be honest. Nothing comes to mind anyway.
09. What was your biggest failure(s)? Maybe I can file the answer to question number 1 under here, as well as the avoidant and procrastinating part of my personality.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing spectacular, no, usual coughs and scrapes.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I didn't buy anything spectacular this year, as far as I know.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? PreZ. For always being there when I needed him or not, and just for being the best thing ever.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? 2 people: On a global scale: Dubya. For reasons too numerous to get into here. On a personal scale: my mother. For degenerating into a person I despise, and refusing to do anything about it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Of the total expenses? Rent. Other than that movies in cinema and dvd form I guess. Or maybe just the boring car/car insurance payments and such.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Unwrapping the iPod PreZ got me for Christmas. Is it sad to get really really exited about seeing certain movies or things on tv? :D
16. What song will always remind you of 2003? Nothing stands out at the moment.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
I. happier or sadder? happier, I think
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter, not much, but marginally so I think
iii. richer or poorer? richer, wiping out most of your debt is good, mmkay
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Anything interesting? :P
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Procrastinating, avoiding.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We spent it at PreZ's aunt's house, with her, his cousin and her two kids. It was good.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003? I was still in love in 2003.
23. How many one-night stands? None, just frequent married sex0r.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Inside The Actor's Studio, Law & Order.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. I guess my mother, though I can't say I hate her particularly, rather despise, but the resentment has definitely peaked and the respect plummitted.
26. What was the best book you read? Of the ones I re-read: Freda Warrington's Jewelfire Trilogy. New ones... loads really... Freda Warrington's The Court of the Midnight King, Caitlín R. Kiernan's The Five Of Cups and Low Red Moon (only halfway through), Storm Constantine's Magravandias Trilogy.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Cinema Strange
28. What did you want and get? A new cell phone with a carrier that provides actual reception.
29. What did you want and not get? Jude Law :D
30. Favorite film of this year? Ooh, several... Cold Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Nemo, Master & Commander.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 26. Reading back in my lj I see the two of us went out for Chinese and saw The In-Laws, spectacular festivities if I actually have to read in my lj to remember ;).
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? My mother quitting being an alcoholic and chain-smoker and all around asshole.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Is "Blah" a concept?
34. What kept you sane? PreZ
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jude Law, though Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp also get very honourable mentions indeed.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? A toss-up between the Iraq cluster-fuck and the equal rights gay marriage issue.
37. Who do you miss? My brothers, and my dad.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I don't think I met many new people this year, not met in a way that wasn't a one off thing, so it would be a toss-up between Keith and Brian.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003: Procrastination will get you nowhere, and generally it will make small issues major problems if you don't just bloody get on with it and deal with them.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Not all the year, but this was definitely true for a portion of it: "I need to know, that things are gonna look up, 'cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup..."